Western Mass: 413-586-2555
    New York: 212-461-1753
    New Jersey: 973-327-7001
    Long Island: 516-300-1008
    Texas: 325-245-0141
    Arizona: 602-357-1514
    Virginia Beach: 757-644-5981
    Toll-free: 877-586-2555

Calling any of our locations is like calling all of our locations. If you wish to make an appointment or register for a class at any location, request information, order a product, or anything else, you may contact us at the above location. Or find local contact information for any of our locations in our Locations directory.

Stay

Client who was in an MVA 2 years ago

Natasha Boldireff's picture

This was from my client to their OT:

"I feel like the yoga therapy (mostly somatics work has been done) sessions with Natasha have been very beneficial to me physically. Currently, these sessions are a shining light in the dark for me, as I am getting increasingly discouraged with my own recovery. My back and neck are slowly responding, and feel less painful. For the first hour after the sessions I feel mentally clear of brain fog, which is amazing. However, I am physically and mentally drained after our sessions. About an hour after the session I become so drained and symptomatic (intense nausea, dizziness, level 7 or 8 headache pain) that I crash and nap for two or more hours. Even upon waking I am not functional for the rest of the night.

I have been taking Amitriptyline for about two weeks now, but have noticed very little impact so far. I seem to be having an increase of nausea and dizziness, which may correlate to the medication."

My question is the process slow... am I enough for her? Are her one hour reprieves going to grow to more improvement without becoming symptomatic and drained following the sessions? We have been doing Spot work, to get shoulders and neck to a quieter places so that I can work the protocols with her. We did LEour last session and it made a bigger difference to her markers of pain... she dropped down 2 points in her back, rather than staying at the same level or just one point.

If I am her only beacon, how can I be a better beacon? Is this a slow and steady wins the race kind of scenario I am wondering?

Natasha

Forum: